Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Harry Potter!!!!!

The hype for this November is Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I knew that when I first heard of this release date I immediately needed to buy tickets in advance. The challenge was to see if my mom would let me go to a midnight showing on a school night. Considering the circumstances...it was senior year, I was a senior, senior year, i'm responsible, senior year :)....my mom gave me the permission to attend. It was a stormy Thursday afternoon and I went and bought the last two tickets for a midnight showing. I was so elated and just pumped that I finally purchased tickets to this show.

The next day was devastation......

My mom had read the news and heard about the things that were going to premiere in the movie. She told me that I had to sell my tickets. I was so sad and basically all around upset. It was the highlight of my senior year and now....well it was semi-ruined. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. So in the heat of my brain and the chill of the night, I went running. I just ran until I couldn't anymore. I felt fine after my run even though I still had a feeling of disappointment. I couldn't believe I was going to miss the premiere of one of my favorite series.

But something changed....

Further research into the topic helped me and my mom make a thorough decision about the movie. In doing so the verdict changed into that I can go!!!!! So the highlight of my senior year isn't ruined. :) now the trick is finding someone to go with......

I think my New Zealand brother will do :)

1 comment: